Sunday, October 02, 2005

God bless those muslims

This post isn't made to glorify the religion of Islam. I think it's a horrible, hateful, oppressive religion founded by a horrible, hateful, lecherous liar. So...Ben's not glorifying Islam. At all.

That being said...

"Why can't you just trust God more?" This question has probably ended something like 85% of my conversations with regards to the AC Church's more frustrating practices, such as blind preaching and blind marriage. It ends my conversations because I simply cannot hope to penetrate such a gleaming fortress of impenetrable reasoning. Or maybe because I despair of ever penetrating the layers of monumental stubbornness and dullness of my opponent (it's really the latter).

Until yesterday. I found this wonderful little Islamic proverb from c. 9th century AD that answers the objection sweetly and succintly: "Trust in God, but tie your camel." I intend to use it the next time the question comes up. Of course, it's likely to result in an explosion of temper against me, as certain people aren't very adept at taking truth, even when packaged in cute little proverbs. In which case I have another Islamic proverb: "Lower your voice and strengthen your argument." If that doesn't work, I have a third that I just made up: "Shut up and go away."

God bless those Muslims.

I need to be careful not to focus on the negative too much...it's just so much fun. But it doesn't do too much in making the world a better place. And that needs to be done, because, as Bro. Rustin reminded us today, "The world is full of eunuchs. I mean, the world today is just full of eunuchs."

Eww.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home