Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Loyal Sons

So.

Brett and Seth are right...this should be fired up again. Especially since the blog actually has a point now: we all live in different areas, and we are all developing real lives--except for Regg, that is. Milford.

I am currently not being a loyal son of Notre Dame, since I'm ignoring my end of term essay to post this blog. But I think she'll forgive me. Everyone is probably tired of hearing this now, but there is something special about this place--it's a lame descriptor, but that's as close as I can come. What else could I say? That the University is pretty? That's not right at all. Holy? That's missing the mark, too. Alive is maybe better: the whole place seems really, authentically living to me. But then, that's just me; to others, using "alive" to describe a college and its campus might convey no meaning at all. So I guess I'll stick with special.

Why am I writing this? No reason, really: because it seemed like someone had to write something on the blog, and I had nothing better to write. I guess I could have given the summary of "Framing the Early Middle Ages" that I'm supposed to be writing, but that would be even worse.

Also:
Notre Dame's Men's Basketball team cracked the top 25 this week, and Hockey swept Michigan. At least we own the wolverines in one sport.

And, to add a further topic of conversation to the blog:

The Catholics are right.

See you all this weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home