Worst Trinitarian Argument Ever
I heard a radio preacher man talking today about the Trinity. I have sick and twisted curiousity, so I listened.
Apparently, the Trinity is like...
Water-- H2O. Three atoms, one molecule. Or wait...it's like steam, liquid water, and ice: three functions the same substance can adopt.
A Tree--a tree is made up of exactly three parts: the sap, the pulp, and the bark (leaves, roots, and suchlike apparently don't count). Three substances, one tree.
An atom--Each atom is made up of a proton, neutron, and electron. Except for that atoms actually have multiples of each of these, and ignoring that at least one kind of atom (H+) lacks an electron, and some have funky numbers of neutrons.
So much for neither confounding the Persons nor dividing the Essence. Somehow, he manages both. I'm not sure how many heresies he possibly represents--I lost count at around 5.
Peace.

4 Comments:
So you claim that no one else will ever read this blog, but really the truth of the matter is that I stumbled across these posts, not Ben, stumbled in a good way, and couldn't help bu t feel the intense excitement at having the opportunity to read searing posts on everything from the evils of postmodern readings of Beowulf that reflect not only the root of today's feminism and the depths of marxist theory of society to the more subtle notes on the overall joys of walking through mountains of snow darkened with dirt and brake dust. Oh wait, Seth, someone will have to send you some for you to really understand what I am talking about. By the way, I have had three days off this year so far for cancelations. Yep, I rock. Anyway. All the posts so far seem to be revolving around the tenor of Ben's ridiculous life in South Bend where he is hoping that attendance to a highly visible and rather more expensive school will actually make him cool and thus some sort of asset to society when really all he will be good for is the general boredom of poor high school kids who watch his documentaries, yuck. That said, I will be considering a worthy and valid post for our consideration, see you soon all.
So you claim that no one else will ever read this blog, but really the truth of the matter is that I stumbled across these posts, not Ben, stumbled in a good way, and couldn't help bu t feel the intense excitement at having the opportunity to read searing posts on everything from the evils of postmodern readings of Beowulf that reflect not only the root of today's feminism and the depths of marxist theory of society to the more subtle notes on the overall joys of walking through mountains of snow darkened with dirt and brake dust. Oh wait, Seth, someone will have to send you some for you to really understand what I am talking about. By the way, I have had three days off this year so far for cancelations. Yep, I rock. Anyway. All the posts so far seem to be revolving around the tenor of Ben's ridiculous life in South Bend where he is hoping that attendance to a highly visible and rather more expensive school will actually make him cool and thus some sort of asset to society when really all he will be good for is the general boredom of poor high school kids who watch his documentaries, yuck. That said, I will be considering a worthy and valid post for our consideration, see you soon all.
the trinity is like a peace sign: three segments in one circle.
Apparently, middle schools don't teach students to avoid the evils of run-on sentences anymore.
Or how to avoid posting the some comment twice.
Post a Comment
<< Home