Democracy in action
The fine gentleman who bought Barry Bonds' record breaking home run ball no. 756 is putting its fate into the hands of the public. You can vote to:
A) have the ball bequeathed to Cooperstown as-is.
B) have the ball branded with an asterisk, and then bequeathed to Cooperstown.
C) have the ball launched into outer space.
You can vote whichever way you want, but I recommend B. Think about it: while outer space would be cool and dramatic and all, an enduring legacy of shame is even better. Revenge is a dish best served cold. And eternal.
Labels: bonds

2 Comments:
Um....Ben, wouldn't "cold" and "eternal" better suit launching the thing into space than letting the thing rot in Cooperstown? I'm not arguing for C, mind you, I'm just wondering.
Fair enough. But I was meaning in a more metaphorical sense. My fear is that, if the ball is launched into space, the issue will simply be forgotten. Out of sight, out of mind.
But then, that might not be the worst thing.
Post a Comment
<< Home