I have to ask...
Ben,
Please share with us what it's like being on campus during the worst year in Notre Dame football history. Surely you must feel some sort of personal responsibility. I'd like to hear your thoughts, especially after you used a poor old man as a scapegoat to brag up your team without risking being wrong yourself.
But, hey, the Irish could still beat USC. And slobbering Lou Holtz could start dating Paris Hilton...

4 Comments:
The campus is noticeably subdued now. It's rough. But I guess bad years come with good--and I never hinted that Lou was even close to correct. All I was trying to do was show off the kook: he is, after all, nuts.
For the record, I don't understand the hating--on the one hand, it is the worst start ever. But understand: we are 0 and 5. Why hate us now? Really.
It's a shame blogger's preview doesn't accurately mirror what is posted. Since it doesn't, the hidden meaning of my original post has been obscured. Allow me to make it explicit:
Track four.
Point clearly taken...
I really was trying to be clever. But it just didn't work. And I meant my cleverly hidden euphemism in the best possible spirits.
Post a Comment
<< Home