Hobbits and the like
So I just finished reading The Lord of the Rings last night and several things struck me. Primarily, it took somewhere around three months to read the thing because I have so little time anymore. I don't know who thought the teachers day ended at 3:00. It's a lie. A big one.
Anyway. It strongly reminded me of several things. First the Octoberfest night when we dressed as Hobbits and were so ridiculously awesome. More significant was the last chapter. Frodo was leaving to sail across the sea and the other hobbits were going back to the shire. I couldn't help but think that we were a lot like that in Apt 12. We shared a lot and we learned a lot. Thanks, it was awesome.
So, on a less serious topic, anyone want to do a LOTR marathon? I am kinda in the mood right now. Of course, I am a little more picky about the time we do it.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home