Disappointing season
In my last post I noted that I was going to the Single Focus Weekend thingee and was a bit worried. Well, it seems my fears are all for naught as it is being rescheduled for later. I don't know what the deal is, but I can only guess that it is the result a drastic decline in the prospective single folks out there. Oh, wait, this engagement season has been ridiculously quiet. Maybe I just don't have the connections that I used to have-essentially a roommate from Bluffton to tell me of every cradle that is robbed. I am strangely not that saddened. About not getting the news, not the roommate thing (except for Bryan, he's married).
On to other, more interesting information. I heard the most dreadful spiritual analogy on the radio this morning. They compared the Nintendo Wii to and the action games that can be played to the fact that we need to have an "active faith." I mean, if they are that low on good spiritual analogies I could do freelance or something. The bottom line is that I need to go out and get a Wii and some games so that I can be a better Christian. Apparently, all good Christians know what a Wii is and are quite apt at playing. Also, I guess the better you are at hitting virtual baseballs with an electronic baseball bat, the better you are at actually helping those who don't have food or shelter. I guess that makes sense somehow... Like by spending money on a Wii and games we boost the economy and encourage growth which then allows for more jobs which these poor folk can then take, if the job isn't shipped out of the country first. It makes sense in the end. Active Faith, gentlemen, active faith.

3 Comments:
Too bad SFW was cancelled. You're at your peak market time right now: fresh out of college, high-paying, prestigious job, swinging social life. Top of your game, boy-o: it's all down hill from here.
Please not that this is said with tongue firmly in cheek.
What's the problem with going down hill? I have to admit, it's one skill that I'm, ahem, built for.
I read this. Oh yeah, I'm so cool.
Post a Comment
<< Home